Friday, March 30, 2012

99. countdown?

i remembered the mixed feelings i had 3 years ago..
the thought of going to a foreign country..
the thought of leaving my family..
the thought of being all alone so far away..

i was excited to experience
 new things, new culture..
but yet
i was not willing to leave my comfort zone..
the only place where i know 
i would be safe and loved..

i counted the days 
excited to begin my new journey..
but yet 
i was dreading the moment 
when i had to leave..

3 years seemed like a long time then.....

but in a blink of an eye,
my 3 years is coming to an end..
and again i have all my emotions mixed up..

i look forward to going home..
to have all the food i want again..
to be with my family..
but i dread leaving this place
i have called 'home' for 3 years ..

throughout these 3 years,
friendships formed,
experience gained,
countries explored,
friendships strengthen,
and 
mind and heart opened..

shall i start counting down my days
of leaving this foreign country?
it's merely 2 months away..
so many things to do
with so little time left...


i know everything was made easy for me..
cause i am well taken care of by the love of my life..
thank You, Lord, for looking over me..
for giving me opportunities to gain more experience..
help me make full use of the remaining time i have here..
let these 2 months be used wisely..




No comments:

Post a Comment